June 9

Public Speaking

This is my Public Speaking from 2021, I chose to do it on what if dinosaurs were still alive.

Have you wondered what it would be like if dinosaurs still roamed the earth, and lived amongst us? Dinosaurs have been extinct for so long nobody really knows. So today I am going to fill in the blanks and tell you what I think it might be like if dinosaurs were still alive. Anyways, the 3 things I will cover are how life would be like, would dinosaurs be good pets, and what would we do with all dinosaur poop and pee. (Yes, I know it’s a bit gross). 

Good morning teachers, judges, students, and special guests. 

As we all probably know, life would be a bit “interesting”, to say the least, if dinosaurs were still alive. Especially with all the big dinosaurs, they would crush everything. I think we could get them to go in fields so they didn’t destroy everything. Also, the carnivores would be a problem because they may or may not want to eat humans. They would have to be trained to eat what we eat like chicken, burgers, hotdogs, fish, and other meat. A lot of dinosaurs fight so they would have to be taught to live in peace. The dinosaurs are very big and when they walk it would be very loud, so some companies could sell giant dino slippers so they could be quieter. We would talk about them so much that we might make up shorter and funny  names for them like meatasaurus, vegasaurus, and bothasaurus. Instead of carnivores, herbivores and omnivores. Like they do in Jurassic park.

Some dinosaurs might be good pets. The big dinos would not be good pets because they would need so much food and water. They would also need a ton of room because of their size. Baby dinos might be good pets for a bit but eventually, they will be too big. The dinos that stay small would have to go through a lot of training to be a good pet. There wouldn’t be very many that you could have as a pet but there are some, like Aquilops, Gasparinasaura, Dilong, and a few more. It would have to learn not to eat things they shouldn’t, not to break things, and not make your house a mess.  In parks, there might be dino hours and human hours. At certain times pet dinosaurs could go in the parks and at other times kids and other people could go to the park.

Dinosaurs are so big and so is their poop and there would also be a lot of pee. Firstly we would have enough fertilizer to last forever. Normally poo isn’t but dinosaur poop could be turned into compost, which would help the earth be a lot cleaner and greener. If we can turn human pee into drinkable water then I’m sure we could do that same thing with dinosaur pee. Some places don’t have much clean water. If we could turn dinosaur pee into drinking water they would have more water and they wouldn’t die. Lastly, even though we could use dinosaur pee and poo in all those different ways we might still have a lot so I think that humans could come up with a way to use dinosaur waste as renewable energy.

Now that I’ve covered that you can probably see how difficult and dangerous life would be with all these weird things, but some of these would actually make life easier, like pets, fertilizer, and we would have infinite energy. In my opinion, I don’t think it would be a great idea to have dinosaurs on planet earth.

Thank you for Listening!

Tags:

Posted June 9, 2021 by superstar31 in category Grade 5